Followers

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Art Journalling

Until a few months ago I had never heard of art journalling, now it seems that everyone is at it! Some are quite incredible and imaginative. I decided to have a go. I have a little book in which I have saved sayings that took my fancy, so I decided to use them in an art journal.
I found an old (unused) sketch book with a spiral back, and have used that.
This is the cover:
 



I covered it with a photocopy of some patterned paper that I had, stuck on a little picture, and a border of ladybirds.

Inside the front cover:

 
I stuck on a photocopy of music, then glued on leaves that I had dried. I lined the ribs of the leaves with gel-ink pens in different colours.
 
The first page:


I painted this yellow, then stuck on some dark yellow hand-made paper that I had torn. I dotted various colours all over. I stuck on more dried leaves, and a cut out of blue flowers. Then I wrote in my quote.

Not too bad for a first attempt, is it? I'll post more pages as the inspiration takes me.

1 comment:

  1. tah-dah!!! I am so impressed Helen. well done. Your first page looks lovely. love the addition of natural elements- leaves. Keep going....and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete