Followers

Monday 25 February 2013

Using up ends of yarn, and a pretty present

Today I decided to use up all the ends of my Woolhogs bamboo yarn, as I now have a new supply. I decided to make a tin can cover (thanks, Angella, for the idea), as I wanted to give a present to a friend. Here it is:
 
It's amazing how good a baked bean can be transformed



The can is now a pretty pen pot, that I am sure my friend will like.
 

Once again, thanks Angella for the inspiration.


While I was making this, my gardener handed me a package that had been delivered. This is what I found inside:

I had taught Angella how to do ripple crochet, and this is how she thanked me. I feel some embroidery coming on! Thanks so much Angella for  lovely gift, and so beautifully packaged, as well.

1 comment:

  1. :O) Your pencil tin is beautiful Helen. I love making these to use up the last bits of yarn and it seems the bamboo yarn works the best for them. i tried the Elle cotton but the end result is not as nice. I think these tins can also be used for so many other things- perhaps to keep teaspoons in- or paper serviettes- cottonwool balls/pads on a dressing table????....

    ReplyDelete