Monday, 29 April 2013

Puppy collars

My friend breeds dogs. One of the girls  had eight babies, five girls and three boys,  just over a week ago. When these babies are ready to go to new homes, they will need to be identified so that she knows which pup is which.
When looking for something else I found some small metal buckles. so decided to crochet some little collars.
Here's how they look:
Much better than painting puppies' toenails!

Thursday, 25 April 2013

What I've been up to over the last two weeks

I've been very busy the last two weeks. I have been asked to make baby hats, blankets, booties and other bits and bobs. So I've been working flat out.
Here are some of the things that I've made:

 I made these blankets from double fleece. Now, it is impossible to get a crochet hook through fleece, so I worked blanket stitch around, then crocheted into the loops. Problem solved!

With this one I picked up the colours in the fleece and used for the border.

A sample selection of the earflap hats that I made.

These are plain beanies, i.e. no earflap.

Now to get on with the next lot!

Saturday, 13 April 2013

Easter Bonnet Party

Today our church Ladies' Guild held its Easter Bonnet Party. I decorated the tables, here's how they looked:

In the centre of each white cloth I laid a 'puddle' of coloured organza. This I topped with a pine cone, then added echeveria, and strands of ivy . Finally, I added sprigs of hydrangea flowers.

  On each plate, I put one of my crochet bunnies.

 Each of the six bunnies on each table was a different colour. 

Everyone who had a dark purple bunny was asked to stand up, and they received a  chocolate bar as a prize


Here are three of the ladies who attended wearing their "Easter  Bonnets:

We had lots and lots to eat, the food was plentiful and really delicious.

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Blanket finished, and more work in progress.

I've finished my crochet blanket at last. If you take a casual look at it, it looks as if the squares are random, but when laid out, a definite layout can be seen.

I used a palette of about twelve different colours (I didn't count them!) in different combinations
The blanket measures approximately 92 x 125cm. and is made with double knitting yarn, so it is quite heavy and cosy.

The blanket is too big to have the whole of it in a photo, but these pictures should give an idea of how it looks.
I first if all edged it in turquoise, then cream, and finished off with a yellow serrated edge.
Now for the work in progress:
This is based on the Log Cabin quilt design. I started with a four row square, then worked along one side (cream), next came the purple, then the beige, then the dark green, finally the turquoise. I'll keep on adding blocks of colours the next one will go across the beige, purple and turquoise. I'll just keep on going making bigger and bigger blocks, until the blanket is the size I want, or until I run out of yarn!