Followers

Saturday 16 February 2013

Vintage patterns

Today I was scratching through my pattern book stash (I do this from time to time). I have always loved vintage patterns, and have some books dating back to the 1930s, when most knitting was done in 2 or 3 ply, and double knit had not been heard of!

I found this American crochet book, that dates from the 1970s. Hope you like the patterns.

 
 
 
Here's a jersey for your man, made with squares.
 
 
   
 
 Two coats for the dogs in your life
 
 
 
A lovely long skirt to wear on winter evenings.
 
 
 
 
A blanket to keep you warm. I love the way the colours are laid out.
 
 
Finally, a cushion that would use up all your yarn scraps
 
 
This proves that good things never go out of fashion! If anyone needs a pattern, please let me know, and I will copy it for you.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment