Yesterday I finished a cardigan that I was crocheting from yarn in my stash. Well, it started out as a cardigan, but ended up sleeveless, and I didn't have enough yarn!
It needed buttons, but I couldn't find any suitable ones in my button tin. What I did find, however, was some covered buttons that I had 'inherited'. They weren't covered very well, and the colours were all wrong.
Using six strands of crochet cotton, I made covers to go over the covers. I started with a 'magic ring', crocheted in rounds, then laid it over the button, cut off a long tail, and gathered to fit. The result is stunning!
For some reason I cannot, at the moment load pictures on the blog, but I am working on it!