Followers

Saturday 26 January 2013

New use for old cards

I hope you like what I have done with the piece that I cut out of an old birthday card. It was heart-shaped, so I tidied it up a bit, then made holes all round with a sharp needle. I enlarged the holes slightly with a knitting needle, then crocheted all round with Serina Bamboo yarn. I think it looks rather good!

 
 
We've had a lot of hot weather lately. My Wire-haired Fox Terrier, Maggie, loves paddling in water, so I bought a large bowl for her, as she was paddling in the dogs' drinking bowl.
 





 

 
I've been puppy sitting this week. My friend has bought a lovely Weimaraner called Lincoln. She already has four adult dogs, but she prefers the pup to stay with me while she is away from home. This is Lincoln, isn't he lovely? He is sixteen weeks old.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen. Love , love , love the heart card idea. I never want to throw away beautiful cards but I stash them away and forget about them. I must go and dig out the packets of old cards and try something like this. You are so full of great ideas!
    Have a glorious Sunday and happy hooking!

    ReplyDelete