Followers

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Happy Birthday, flowers and knitting

Caspar, the daxie that I gave to my God-daughter Shanay for Christmas in 2005 when she was six, is eight years old today. Happy Birthday, Caspar!


 
We planted a Natal Wild Banana in the garden about eight or nine years ago. Every winter, the frost burns the leaves, but it still survives. This year, it has rewarded us with a flower. It looks just like a white strelitzia.
 
 




Every year the wisteria amazes me by bursting into blossom. The ground is very dry, and it gets no water from one rainy season to the next. It is cut back hard in the autumn, and this is our reward!




I bought a lot of yarn from Talana Museum, among my purchase was some lovely soft chenille. I am making Aran sweaters for my two great-grand-daughters. This is the welt and first twelve rows of the first one.
 



Our two orange trees have surpassed themselves this year. The fruit is now ripening, so each morning I pick a bowl full, and juice them for breakfast. Nothing nicer!
 

 
Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Isnt he so cute!!! I am jealous about the wisteria!!! always wanted one. The wool looks awesome - cant wait to see the finished sweaters! You are on the ball as usual Helen!!!

    ReplyDelete